Laboratoires Urgo (hereinafter “Company” or “we”), a company organized and existing under the laws of France, with capital of € 13 987 328, registered under No. B 433 842 044, and having its registered office at 42, rue de Longvic – 21300 Chenôve, FRANCE. offers the website « ww.urgomedical.com » (hereafter the “Site”).
- What is a personal data?
Personal data means any information that can identify you directly or indirectly.
- What personnal data do we processed?
Personal data we collect from users of the Site may be:
- Personal data that you provide (e.g. through a contact form): the type of personal data we may collect will be determined by the nature of the services you request.
- Personal data that we collect or generate automatically when you visit the Site by using Cookies, in particular to improve your experience and produce statistics: pages visited, dates and times of access, preferred content, operating system, type of browser used, etc.
- What is the data controller?
The data controller is the Company as defined above.
- For what purposes do we process your personal data?
Your personal data may be collected for the following purposes:
- To produce statistical analyses, particularly of Site traffic
- To manage and improve the Site for optimal user browsing
- To manage and send emails or newsletters and commercial prospecting to users who gave their consent
- To manage, process and respond to users’ questions, requests and enquiries
- To conduct our business in compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory obligations.
- What are the legal bases for the processing of your personal data?
Legal basis to process user’s personal data are:
- a legal obligation: we may need to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws/regulations (e.g. in the event of a report of an adverse reaction to one of our products).
- our legitimate interest: we may process your personal data based on our legitimate interests in communicating or managing our interactions with you regarding our products and services.
- To whom are your personal data transmitted?
User’s personal data that we process will only be accessible by a limited list of recipients with a need to know in accordance with the purposes described in this policy or where required by law, including but not limited to:
- the departments and personnel of our Company and other legal entities of Urgo Group;
- our Company’s suppliers and service providers (in particular those managing and hosting the Site) who may be called upon to access users’ personal data for purposes strictly necessary for their work;
- to the competent authorities in certain cases defined by the law.
- How long will your personal data be kept?
The personal data collected is kept and used for a period of time in accordance with the legislation and/or standards in force.
Accordingly, the personal data collected is deleted upon the occurrence of one of the following events:
- the end of the retention period.
- exercise of the right of deletion by a user in accordance with the applicable regulations and the terms and conditions specified in the section ” What are your rights?” below.
- How are your personal data protected?
Our Company applies the appropriate and commercially reasonable technical and organizational security measures to keep confidential and to protect the personal data processed, taking into consideration the state of art of technology and the cost of implementation.
However, we cannot guarantee that these measures will prevent all risks of disclosure of personal data and we shall not be held responsible for any lack of security, particularly in the event of fraudulent behavior by a third party or in the event that this lack of security is due to the user.
- Where is your personal data transferred to?
Urgo Group, to which the Company belongs, is an international group, so we collect and transfer personal data on a global scale, which means that we may have to transfer your personal data outside your country.
When we transfer your personal data outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, we ensure that it is protected and transferred in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
However, with regard to the transfer of personal data collected by third party cookies, please refer to the section “Cookies” below.
- What are your rights?
You have the right of information, access, rectification and deletion of your personal data. You also have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data or to object to such processing or to request the portability of your personal data. These rights are exercised to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
These rights may be exercised by the User, without having to give a reason and at any time, by contacting by e-mail “email@example.com” or by post to “Délégué à la Protection des Données, 15 Avenue d’Iéna, 75116 Paris-France”.
To manage your request efficiently, please:
- indicate the Urgo Group company or Company you are in contact with
- indicate which processing operation(s) is (are) concerned
- indicate the right(s) you wish to enforce
In order to respond to your request, we may ask you to provide proof of identity.
In the absence of a response from us or if the dispute persists, you may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority of your country (in France, with the CNIL: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/agir).
For general information on Urgo’s data protection principles, please consult the Urgo Group’s General Policy for Personal Data protection (https://www.urgo-group.com/personal-data/).
- How do we manage Cookies?
a- What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small computer file, a marker, which is stored and read on your computer, mobile or tablet when you visit the Site.
In this policy, we refer to all the cookies placed and read on your device as “Cookies”.
Necessary and/or functional Cookies: Your prior consent is not required to store or read these Cookies, either because they do not process any personal data, or because they are strictly necessary and/or functional to provide the service you request (e.g., to be able to browse the Site and enable the Site to be functional). Necessary and/or functional cookies cannot be disabled.
Non-necessary and/or non-functional Cookies: You must first give your explicit consent before the Company and its partners, if any, store or read Cookies other than those mentioned in the previous section. These Cookies do not affect the quality of the service you request, nor the basic functionality of the Site.
You can oppose and delete non-necessary and/or non-functional Cookies used by the Company and any of its partners, at any time, by deleting them from your devices, by managing your browser settings, or your Cookie preferences [add the link here].
c- What Cookies do we use on the Site?
We use different types of Cookies, the purposes of which are described below:
Necessary Cookies stored and read without your consent
Type of Cookie
Non-necessary Cookies stored and read with your consent
Type of Cookie
What is a third-party cookie?
Site functions use services offered by third parties.
If you give your consent, these third parties will store Cookies which will enable you to view content hosted by these third parties directly on the Site or share our contents.
Via these Cookies, these third parties will collect and use your browsing data for their own purposes, in accordance with their confidentiality policy.
To exercise your rights over the data collected by third parties, or for any question concerning this processing, you can contact them directly.
Third party Cookies : Youtube
Videos embedded directly from the YouTube video platform are available on the Site.
With your consent or by clicking on videos, the “YouTube” service offered by Google Inc (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View CA 94043 USA, Los Angeles, California, USA) uses unnecessary Cookies
The information and personal data collected by these Cookies may be transferred outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, including to the United States. US authorities may access your personal data collected by Youtube Cookies for security and surveillance purposes.
Google Inc. may also transfer these information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information and data collected by these Cookies on Google Inc.
Most browsers accept cookies by default. To block these cookies or to ask your browser to inform you when a site attempts to install a cookie on your device, please refer to your browser’s help menu or to the following sites:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607
- Safari: https://help.apple.com/safari/mac/9.0/?lang=en#/sfri11471
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
To change the privacy settings on your smartphone or tablet please refer to the following websites:
- Android system: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
- Apple system: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Social networks
The Company’s official Facebook and Instagram accounts may allow users to post their content. Users are informed that the content published on these social networks can be seen by any third party, and that users are required to be vigilant when uploading and publishing personal data on these sites or applications. The Company decline all responsibility for any damage caused by third parties resulting from the publication of their personal data by users.
- Links to third party sites
The Site may provide links to sites, applications and services other than those of the Company which may be operated by third parties.
We are not responsible for the processing of personal data by these third-party sites. You should therefore refer to the privacy policies of these third-party sites for further information.
- Use of the Site by minors
The Site is not directed to persons under the age of sixteen (16) and we do not knowingly collect personal data from such individuals. If you are under the relevant age of consent in your jurisdiction, you will need your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use the Site. Please consult with your parent or legal guardian before using the Site.
If you are providing us with Personal Data of individuals under the age of sixteen (16), you represent that you have the appropriate authority to do so, and that you can demonstrate such authority upon our request.
- Law and jurisdiction